Experienced Immigration Counsel
Our immigration attorneys leverage over 60 years of cumulative experience to craft strategies and solutions to meet unique immigration needs. We anticipate the areas where the U.S. government may challenge a case, reverse engineer the case to lower the risk of denial, and increase the odds of approval. As counselors, we help clients adapt their immigration sponsorship policies and compliance programs to keep pace with ever-evolving standards.
We have a track record of success in cases that present significant hurdles and require “out of the box thinking.” For example:
- A Canadian company decided to relocate 45 senior management and R&D employees to the U.S. Dinsmore held in-person meetings with all employees in Canada, mapped out individualized short-term and long-term visa strategies for each employee, and over a period of several years achieved U.S. permanent resident status for all employees and their families.
- A U.S. film production company signed a famous foreign actor to host a nationally syndicated television series. With very little time before filming was to start, the production company needed an O-1 extraordinary ability case prepared and passed through all gateways to U.S. embassy visa issuance without delay to prevent down time in production of the series. Dinsmore developed a timeline with the production company and the actor's agent, gaining the O-1 visa in the actor's passport just in time for his arrival for the scheduled shoot.
- A European food industry supplier decided to establish a U.S. service facility but lacked an existing U.S. presence to obtain an unrestricted L-1 intracompany transfer visa for its key employee’s assignment to the U.S. Leveraging the supplier’s existence as part of a larger U.S. corporate investment, Dinsmore overcame U.S. government resistance to obtain approval of the key employee’s visa without the restrictions typically imposed on new establishments.
- A U.S. telecommunications provider wanted to hire a wireless marketing expert from abroad to help it expand its business. The H-1B Specialty Occupation category was the company’s only visa option, but the marketing expert lacked a university degree typically required for the H-1B category. Dinsmore developed a comprehensive portfolio of evidence to overcome the U.S. government’s contention that the lack of a university degree disqualified the expert from the H-1B category.
Dinsmore helps companies that must account to CFOs for immigration legal expenses, as well as individuals struggling through the immigration process on a household budget. We want our clients to be satisfied and more productive, and we work to develop services and agreements to fit client budgets and achieve cost predictability.
Additionally, our attorneys add-value by offering the following services:
- On-site Training
- Town Hall Meetings
- Status and Strategy Conferences
- Newsletter for HR Professionals
- Newsletter for Foreign National Employees
- Client Alerts
Our immigration attorneys use leading web-based technology for case management, so your immigration coordinator, managers, and employees can access appropriate case information on a 24/7 basis. We maintain a progressive immigration website (http://immigration.dinsmore.com) that includes useful tools, helpful summaries, and alerts relating to the latest developments that may impact potential strategies.