More than a century after Frank F. Dinsmore opened a small law office on Cincinnati’s Walnut Street in 1908, Dinsmore has evolved into a national firm with offices from coast to coast. The firm has changed, but Dinsmore's original mission has remained constant: Commitment to clients comes first.
Frank F. Dinsmore opens private practice on Walnut Street in Cincinnati.
Walter M. Shohl becomes a partner at Dinsmore’s practice. The firm successfully defends legendary banker George “Boss” Cox in two separate trials.
Potter Stewart joins firm as an associate.
After 70 years and five name changes, the firm officially becomes what was known as “Dinsmore & Shohl.”
Dinsmore opens offices in Dayton and Columbus, Ohio; Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky.
Firm expands regionally with offices in Charleston, West Virginia and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Firm merges with Killworth, Gottman, Hagen & Schaeff, L.L.P. in Dayton, Ohio.
Dinsmore opens offices in Morgantown and Wheeling, West Virginia.
Dinsmore expands further in Kentucky, opening an office in Frankfort and merging with Woodward, Hobson & Fulton, L.L.P. in Louisville.
Firm expands to the east coast with offices in Washington, D.C. and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania while adding another West Virginia location in Lewisburg.
Dinsmore merges with Peck, Shaffer & Williams in Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio, also adding offices in Chicago, Illinois, Covington, Kentucky and Denver, Colorado.
Firm merges with Leventhal Law and adds an office in San Diego, California.
Firm opens Cleveland, Ohio office.
Firm opens Atlanta, Georgia and Los Angeles, California offices.