Kenyon is a partner in the Litigation Department and the Office Managing Partner of Dinsmore's Louisville office. He has tried a wide variety of cases in state and federal courts.
Kenyon has represented business plaintiffs in successful jury trials, including three resulting in recoveries by his clients in excess of $1 million. He has also defended business clients in numerous jury trials in civil and criminal cases.
Included in his experience are bench trials, arbitrations, and injunction proceedings. His extensive litigation experience includes class action litigation, breach of fiduciary duty litigation, commercial disputes, wrongful discharge litigation, and trade secrets and restrictive covenant issues on behalf of employees and employers. He also represents employers and employees in white collar criminal matters, both in the investigation stage and in litigation. Additionally, Kenyon represents clients who are the subject of investigations initiated by state attorneys general, state and federal administrative regulators, and law enforcement.
His clients come from an array of industries, such as for-profit education, software, construction, rent-to-own, coal, gaming, medical, and media.
Kenyon has a passion for pro bono work and providing legal assistance to the indigent. He has successfully tried three capital murder cases, has accepted appointments to represent indigent criminal defendants in state and federal courts for nearly two decades, and is currently lead counsel in a case that has gathered national attention involving the handcuffing of two young children by a school resource officer in elementary schools.
- Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville (J.D., 1995)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., 1992)
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Western District of Kentucky
- Southern District of Indiana
- Southern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Children’s Law Center, Inc., Board of Directors
- Judicial Nominating Commission for the 30th Judicial Circuit
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Business First 40 Under 40 Award
- Listed in Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Business Lawyers
- Selected for the Kentucky Super Lawyers® List
- Named "Benchmark Litigation Star" in Kentucky for the 2016 Edition
- Pro Bono Award from the Louisville Bar Association, 2000
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Labor and Employment Litigation
- Named to the 2013 & 2016 "Top Lawyers” list by Louisville Magazine