Andrew represents businesses in all types of employment litigation, including the defense of employment discrimination claims, wrongful discharge cases, employment contract matters, restrictive covenant litigation, and cases involving alleged unpaid overtime or misclassified employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act. He also assists businesses on a variety of employment matters, such as the preparation of human resource policies, employee investigations, reductions in the workforce, wage and hour audits, and OSHA citations. In addition, he represents management in unfair labor practice proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board and handles collective bargaining negotiations as well as grievances and arbitrations under collective bargaining agreements.
Although most cases settle before trial, Andrew has extensive trial and arbitration experience, as well as experience in appeals before the United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals. Andrew’s appellate experience includes prevailing on a case of first impression relating to multiemployer pension plan contributions under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act as well as affirmance of a summary judgment in a wrongful discharge and disability discrimination action.
- Dickinson School of Law at Pennsylvania State University (J.D., 1989)
- University of Richmond (B.A., 1986)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Employment Law Section, Berks County Bar Association, past chair
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), member and past president for local Chapter 179