Charles has a diverse practice in the areas of residential and commercial real estate, commercial and residential mortgage lending transactions, real estate development, business transactions, business formations (corporate entities, partnerships and limited liability companies) and business acquisitions. He represents community associations, such as condominiums and homeowner associations. He has represented both landlords and tenants by drafting and negotiating leases for shopping centers, office space and other types of properties. In addition, Charles represents owners, general contractors, suppliers and contractors in connection with construction and payment claims. He has been a speaker at seminars on such topics as mechanic’s and materialmen’s liens and commercial leases.
He also practices in the areas of estate planning and estate administration (probate).
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., 1973)
- Berea College (B.A., 1970)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Lexington Rotary Club, Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital Committee
- God’s Pantry Food Bank, Inc., Board of Directors
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers©
- Real Estate Law
- "Lawyer of the Year" in Lexington for Real Estate Law (2016)