Christopher focuses his practice on commercial finance and real estate transactions. He has nearly two decades of experience analyzing, planning, negotiating, and litigating a variety of client matters for large and mid-market financial institutions, mezzanine lenders, private equity groups, business owners, developers, and other various entities in all aspects of commercial finance and secured transactions, bankruptcy, reorganization and complex workouts, and commercial collection actions.
He is one of only five board certified creditors’ rights specialist attorneys in Pennsylvania and is well-established in drafting, negotiating, and reviewing various finance transactional documents, including loan and credit agreements, inter-creditor agreements, guaranties, security and pledge agreements, asset and stock purchase agreements, stockholders’ agreements, confidentiality agreements, and legal opinions. As part of his work for financial institutions, Christopher is renowned for representing secured and unsecured creditors, as well as trustees, landlords, and small businesses, in all aspects of Chapter 11 business bankruptcy cases and Chapter 7 and 13 individual bankruptcy cases.
In addition to his commercial finance practice, Christopher manages an extensive and broad real estate practice representing owners, developers, shopping centers, restaurants, landlords, tenants, buyers, sellers, and investors in various real estate transactions including real estate acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, business entity structuring, financing, construction, property management, like-kind exchanges, contract disputes, foreclosures, landlord/tenant matters, and the issuance and defense of title claims. Christopher is also a Pennsylvania licensed title agent and oversees all aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions.
Christopher is known and trusted for his attention to detail and ability to learn, understand, and advocate for his clients’ businesses. He is also the author of the Mechanics’ Liens and Fraudulent Transfers Chapters of the treatise entitled Pennsylvania Commercial Litigation, which was published by American Lawyer Media’s The Legal Intelligencer.
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Fairfield University (B.A., 2002)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys- Fellow
- Allegheny County Bar Association – Member of the Construction Law, Real Estate, and the Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Sections
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Vincentian Collaborative Systems, Board of Directors, president
- Traveler’s Aid of Pittsburgh, Board of Directors
- North Hills Community Outreach, Legal Consult volunteer
- Best Lawyers®
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Construction Law, (2018-present)
- Pennsylvania Rising Star®
- Creditor Debtor Rights (2016-2018)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®
- Creditor Debtor Rights (2019-present)
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent in Martindale-Hubbell
- Board Certified in creditors’ rights law by American Board of Certification