Chris’ practice focuses on counseling clients on product liability issues, which includes handling cases from the start of claim investigations through trial. His clients include manufacturers and distributors of medical, industrial, automotive, and recreational equipment. One of Chris’ favorite aspects of product liability defense is working with in-house engineers and professionals, as well as outside experts, to better understand how his clients’ products are designed and operate. He knows that success for clients means balancing an understanding for complicated equipment and how they work with the ability to identify themes, case-specific facts, and explanations a jury can readily understand. Chris’ ability to transform complicated issues into understandable and persuasive defenses is a major factor in his successes.
His experience includes all aspects of litigation, from initial case assessment, managing discovery, strategic planning, and motion practice, to achieving positive trial and appellate outcomes for clients. He has obtained summary judgments and dismissals on behalf of his clients and has successfully tried cases and defended matters on appeal.
Chris is also experienced in complex litigation, such as defending product manufacturers in multi-district litigation.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Kentucky Law Journal, senior staff editor
- University of Kentucky (B.A., cum laude, 2007)
- Political Science
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Defense Research Institute Product Liability, Recreational Products Special Litigation Group, chair
- Best Lawyers®
- "Ones to Watch" in Lexington for Product Liability Litigation - Defendants (2022)