Denise is the managing partner of the firm’s Wheeling office. Leveraging 22 years of extensive litigation experience, she partners with her clients to understand their goals and to achieve results consistent with their objectives.
She maintains a regional practice, representing clients in West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio. She successfully represents natural resource, steel, chemical, lumber, manufacturing, commercial and service industry clients in addition to a number of insurance companies, which includes extensive experience representing insurance carriers in complex bad faith litigation, including class action litigation, in state and federal courts.
Her experience also includes the management, discovery, resolution and/or trial of class actions, multi-party suits and mass tort claims including: West Virginia benzene litigation, polyacrylamide class action litigation and Fixodent denture cream litigation. She has managed complex litigation as lead counsel or assisted counsel in matters relating to medical monitoring and claims for personal injuries relating to neurologic disease, genotoxicity, reproductive toxicity, cancer, multiple myeloma and bronchiolitis obliterans.
Denise has a thorough knowledge of West Virginia deliberate intent litigation and offers counsel to clients as they face the complex and unique challenges encompassed by West Virginia law. Drawing on her deep reservoir of knowledge surrounding workplace safety regulations, workers’ compensation law and industry operations, Denise helps clients plan and strategically implement policies to limit their exposure, including policies against workplace violence. Leveraging her knowledge of the region’s industries and operations with experience in front of a number of state and federal courts, she provides clients the efficient solutions they need to keep their company moving forward.
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., 1994)
- Moot Court Board
- Wheeling Jesuit University (B.A., 1990)
- Political Science
- Outstanding Senior in Social Sciences Award
- West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Defense Research Institute
- Wheeling Health Right, Inc., Board of Directors
- American Inns of Court, Organizing Committee
- Leadership West Virginia (2008)
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers® for Commercial Litigation
- West Virginia Super Lawyers®
- West Virginia Generation Next presented by The State Journal (2006)
- Dinsmore Board of Directors (2009 - 2015)