Analyzing Special Fraud Alert for Speaker Programs
In November 2020, The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) issued a Special Fraud Alert that draws attention to potential fraud and abuse risks for speaker programs. You can utilize this guidance to evaluate your speaker remuneration in light of the risks highlighted.
Sarah DiFrancesca, partner at Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
Leslie Restanio, chief compliance officer at Amneal Pharmaceuticals
Mohammad Ovais, founder and CEO at qordata
- Analysis of the Special Fraud Alert guidance in conjunction with Anti-Kickback Statute enforcement of speaker programs;
- Framework to evaluate current speaker programs based on risks highlighted in the Special Fraud Alert;
- A walk-through of potential fraud or abuse legal theories;
- Key considerations of speaker programs to reduce fraud and abuse risks;
- Implications of Special Fraud Alert for the Life Sciences Industry.