Travis is an experienced trial attorney who has successfully managed complex litigation files and represented his clients at all levels of litigation, including through state, federal, and appellate courts. His considerable experience includes class action litigation, employment discrimination litigation, wrongful discharge, insurance defense, and related business tort claims.
In addition to litigation matters, he has experience advising both public and private sector clients on topics including FOIA, OMA, employee agreements, employment practices and policies, FMLA, FLSA, ADA compliance, and risk management best practices. He has represented clients before state and federal agencies, including the Department of Civil Rights, MERC, the Wage and Hour Division, and the EEOC.
Drawing on his municipal law background, Travis also excels at guiding clients though municipal zoning, land use, ordinance violation and litigation, and licensing and permitting issues. He has assisted large-scale national developers in efficiently obtaining re-zoning and site plan approvals in various state and cities across the United States.
He attended Ave Maria School of Law and has a B.A. from Michigan State University.
- Ave Maria School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Michigan State University, James Madison College (B.A., 2006)
- Political Theory and Constitutional Democracy
- Social Relations
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Federal Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Lawyers by dbusiness (2015 - present)