Jason focuses his practice on commercial litigation, a field that rarely gives him the same day twice. His experience includes counseling corporate clients on insurance issues, construction, employment, and a variety of other pre-litigation issues. A former Chicago police dispatcher, who spent years identifying and relaying essential information to first responders in emergency situations, he knows how to read a rapidly developing situation and deal with a variety of personalities in order to meet clients’ needs.
His experience includes handling initial pleadings through to resolution in areas including insurance coverage and bad faith, breach of contract, workplace injury, personal liability, and employment. Jason understands no two cases are similar, and he makes a point to view every situation facing a client through multiple lenses. Originally from Costa Rica, Jason lived overseas for much of his life, the son of an international project and development director and an artist. Seeing the world through a variety of cultures makes him adept at issue spotting, and enables him to find every possible avenue to meet clients’ short- and long-term goals.
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., 2015)
- The Order of the Coif
- Federal Judicial Externship -- Judge Irene M. Keeley, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. Supreme Court Clinic
- West Virginia Law Review, senior research editor
- Jessup International Moot Court Competitor, 2014-2015
- DePaul University (B.A., 2008)
- West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- YWCA Charleston Racial Equity & Inclusion Committee