Javier has diverse litigation experience representing clients in complex commercial matters, including breach of contract, class action, and unfair business practices claims. Furthermore, Javier has successfully represented businesses throughout the country in catastrophic injury cases, including product liability, professional liability, and general liability claims.
He has extensive experience serving as national coordinating counsel for products manufacturers and service providers. His experience includes the development of micro and macro defense strategy; investigation of claims; preparation of expert witnesses and corporate representatives; managing local counsel; and appearing at high-profile court hearings, trial, appeals, and ADR. Javier’s management, strategy, and advocacy as NCC have resulted in the reduction of defense and indemnity costs.
Javier counsels clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups on non-litigation matters, including negotiation and preparation of risk allocation provisions of business contracts and lease agreements, and provides full-scale risk assessments for clients bringing products or services to market with the goal of developing protocols that will reduce future litigation and defense costs.
He takes the time to understand his clients’ businesses and philosophies so he can craft an approach that melds with each of his clients’ individual objectives. Clients look to him to provide thoughtful counsel and tenacious representation.
Javier was one of 15 people appointed to the NCAA Independent Resolution Panel (IRP), which decides complex cases involving alleged violations of core NCAA values and the possibility of major penalties. Javier recently served on the first ever IRP panel deciding a case involving North Carolina State and its former men’s basketball coaches with respect to alleged violations uncovered during an FBI investigation of an apparel company and its outside consultants.
Javier has served in numerous leadership positions in legal and civic organizations, including within the Hispanic National Bar Association as the vice-president of programs (2021-22), national secretary (2018-19), and Region I president (2017-18). He currently serves as vice-chair of the board of directors for Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción and is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Diversity Task Force. Additionally, Javier was a 2017 Leadership Council on Litigation Diversity Fellow.
In 2020, Javier was appointed by Boston Mayor Martin Walsh to the Boston Police Reform Task Force. In 2019, Javier was named to Lawyers of Color’s inaugural Nation’s Best list and included as one of the 50 most influential lawyers of color in Boston by Get Konnected. In 2018, the Boston Business Journal recognized Javier as a 40 under 40 honoree and he received the HNBA’s Regional President of the Year award. In 2017, Javier was named as an HNBA Top Lawyer under 40. Additionally, he has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star each year since 2011.
Javier is the managing partner of Dinsmore's Boston office, and is a member of the firm's Board of Directors.
- University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Kenyon College (B.A., 2003)
- Political Science
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Vice-President of Programs; Chair of Poder25 (2021-2022)
- Conference CLE Chair (2020-2021)
- Conference Plenary Chair (2019-2020)
- National Secretary (2018 - 2019)
- Region I President (2017 - 2018)
- Chair, Litigation and Dispute Resolution Section (2015 - 2017)
- Commissioner, Boston Fair Housing Commission (2017 - present)
- Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción (IBA), Board of Directors (2018 - present)
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Diversity Task Force (2019- present)
- Boston Public Schools, Superintendent’s School Safety Working Group (2021 - Present)
- Appointed by Boston Mayor, Martin Walsh, to Police Reform Task Force (2020)
- Lawyers of Color's Inaugural Nation's Best (2019)
- Get Konnected! 50 Most Influential Attorneys of Color in Greater Boston (2019)
- Boston Business Journal's 40 Under 40 (2018)
- Massachusetts Rising Stars® (2011 - 2021)
- HNBA Regional President of the Year (2018)
- HNBA Top Lawyers Under 40 (2017)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity - 2017 Fellow