Javier has diverse litigation experience representing clients in complex commercial matters, including breach of contract, class action, and unfair business practices claims. Furthermore, Javier has successfully represented businesses throughout the country in catastrophic injury cases, including product liability, professional liability, and general liability claims.
Javier counsels clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups on non-litigation matters, including negotiation and preparation of risk allocation provisions of business contracts and lease agreements, and provides full-scale risk assessments for clients bringing products or services to market with the goal of developing protocols that will reduce future litigation and defense costs.
He takes the time to understand his clients’ businesses and philosophies so he can craft an approach that melds with each of his clients’ individual objectives. Clients look to him to provide thoughtful counsel and tenacious representation.
Javier was one of 15 people appointed to the NCAA Independent Resolution Panel (IRP), which decides complex cases involving alleged violations of core NCAA values and the possibility of major penalties. He will serve a two-year term as an IRP panelist, regularly participating in five-member hearing panels convened to decide complex cases involving purported NCAA violations.
Javier has served in numerous leadership positions in legal and civic organizations, including as the current National Secretary of the HNBA and former Region I president (2017-18). He currently sits on the board of directors for Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción (IBA) and recently served on the board for the Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys (MAHA). Additionally, Javier was a 2017 Leadership Council on Litigation Diversity (LCLD) Fellow, and is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Diversity Task Force.
In 2019, Javier was named to Lawyers of Color’s inaugural Nation’s Best list and included as one of the 50 most influential lawyers of color in Boston by Get Konnected. In 2018, the Boston Business Journal recognized Javier as a 40 under 40 honoree and he received the HNBA’s Regional President of the Year award. In 2017, Javier was named as an HNBA Top Lawyer under 40. Additionally, he has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star each year since 2011.
Javier is the managing partner of Dinsmore's Boston office.
- University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Kenyon College (B.A., 2003)
- Political Science
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- National Secretary (2018 - 2019)
- Region I President (2017 - 2018)
- Chair, Litigation and Dispute Resolution Section (2015 - 2017)
- Plenary Chair-Annual Convention and Corporate Counsel Conference (2019-2020)
- Commissioner, Boston Fair Housing Commission (2017 - present)
- Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción (IBA), Board of Directors (2018 - present)
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Diversity Task Force (2019- present)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Lawyers of Color's Inaugural Nation's Best (2019)
- Get Konnected! 50 Most Influential Attorneys of Color in Greater Boston (2019)
- Boston Business Journal's 40 Under 40 (2018)
- Massachusetts Rising Stars® (2011 - 2019)
- HNBA Top Lawyers Under 40 (2017)
- HNBA Regional President of the Year (2018)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity - 2017 Fellow
- Appointed by Boston Mayor, Martin Walsh, to Police Reform Task Force (2020)