Javier has diverse litigation experience representing clients in matters including commercial litigation, product liability, class action, and general liability. Additionally, he counsels clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to startups on risk management issues, including providing full-scale risk assessments for clients bringing products or services to market and/or with the goal of developing protocols that will reduce both potential future litigation and defense costs.
He takes the time to understand his clients’ businesses and philosophies, so he can craft an approach that melds with each of his clients’ individual objectives. Clients look to him to provide thoughtful counsel and tenacious representation.
Javier was one of 15 people appointed to the NCAA Independent Resolution Panel (IRP), which decides complex cases involving alleged violations of core NCAA values and the possibility of major penalties. Javier will serve a two-year term as an IRP panelist, regularly participating in five-member hearing panels convened to decide complex cases involving purported NCAA violations.
Javier is the managing partner of Dinsmore’s Boston office.
- University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- Kenyon College (B.A., 2003)
- Political Science
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- National Secretary (2018 - 2019)
- Region I President (2017 - 2018)
- Chair, Litigation and Dispute Resolution Section (2015 - 2017)
- Commissioner, Boston Fair Housing Commission (2017 - present)
- Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción (IBA), Board of Directors (2018 - present)
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Diversity Task Force (2019- present)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Lawyers of Color's Inaugural Nation's Best (2019)
- Get Konnected! 50 Most Influential Attorneys of Color in Greater Boston (2019)
- Boston Business Journal's 40 Under 40 (2018)
- Massachusetts Rising Stars® (2011 - 2019)
- HNBA Top Lawyers Under 40 (2017)
- HNBA Regional President of the Year (2018)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity - 2017 Fellow