John focuses his practice on institutional investors, commercial banks, finance companies, and private developers with regard to a myriad of real estate-related issues. He represents lenders and borrowers in commercial lending transactions as well as commercial developers in real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and leasing. John also has experience with tax credit, bond, TIF, and other government-sponsored subsidy programs.
Both Chambers USA® and Best Lawyers in America® recognize John as one of the leading real estate attorneys in Indiana. Borrowers and lenders consult him for his counsel on multi-family lending and subsidy programs.
John was previously an assistant vice president of SunTrust Bank, where his focus was commercial lending for retail centers, residential developments, and resort developments.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Davidson College (B.A.)
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Section on Business Law
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- Chambers USA®: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate
- Best Lawyers®
- Real Estate Law (2008 - 2019, 2022)
- Banking and Finance Law (2022)