Joe is a health care and corporate attorney. He regularly advises health care clients, including physician groups, ambulatory surgery centers, and hospitals on a range of complex transactional, operational, and regulatory issues. He frequently counsels clients on compliance and operational issues related to HIPAA, the Anti-Kickback Statute, physician self-referral laws (Stark), the False Claims Act, and internal investigations.
As former in-house counsel to a regional health system, Joe understands the unique nature of health care industry transactions, the myriad regulatory issues they can create, and the risks they pose. He has helped clients navigate complicated corporate transactions, mergers, and acquisitions such as hospital and physician group acquisitions, asset purchases, and managed care arrangements. He also has experience with transactions and arrangements unique to the health care industry including working with Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and other federal health care program models, provider networks, third party administrators, and joint ventures.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, Joe assisted health care industry startups with formation, corporate governance, and early stage development in The Ohio State University’s Entrepreneurial Business Law Clinic. He was a managing editor for The Ohio State Law Journal, and he is a veteran of the United States Army.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- Herman Moot Court Competition, Best Brief, 2016
- OSU Public Service Fellow (2017)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 2013)
- Political Science and History
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Society of Ohio Health Care Attorneys
- Columbus Bar Association
- 2020 Columbus Bar Association’s Barrister Leadership Program