Jay's practice encompasses Kentucky and Ohio workers' compensation, Occupational Health and Safety issues, product liability, and general litigation. This includes hearings before administrative law judges in the Commonwealth of Kentucky's Department of Workers' Claims, administrative hearings before hearing officers in the Industrial Commission of Ohio, litigation in various Ohio and Kentucky courts, and appellate proceedings before Ohio and Kentucky courts of appeals and the supreme courts.
In Ohio, his practice includes advising State Fund employers with respect to premium rates, group rating and related issues. He is a certified specialist in workers’ compensation law through the Supreme Court of Ohio and a frequent speaker on workers’ compensation law and related issues throughout the country.
- Northern Kentucky University, Chase College of Law (J.D., 1985)
- University of Kentucky (B.A., 1977)
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Workers' Compensation Section
- Tort and Insurance Committee
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Section
- Best Lawyers©
- "Lawyer of the Year" in Cincinnati for Workers' Compensation Law - Employers (2012)
- Workers' Compensation Law - Employers
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Best Attorneys in Southwest Ohio by The Business Courier