Kara devotes her practice to assisting national financial services institutions in litigation relating to mortgage loan origination and servicing, including defending the following claims: the Truth-in-Lending Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. She has also successfully litigated title insurance bad faith claims on behalf of financial institutions. Kara understands the challenges and opportunities facing the financial services industry and provides effective, efficient, and reasoned advocacy for her clients. She has also represented clients in a variety of complex business disputes, including unfair competition claims. Kara has a strong work ethic and is committed to client service.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Wittenberg University (B.A., 1999)
- Political Science
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio