Matt focuses his practice on construction, real estate disputes, and contract litigation, with an emphasis on construction contracting, landlord/tenant matters, and breach of contract and real property litigation. He grew up in Central Florida and in the construction industry as his father was a commercial contractor. As an attorney he first practiced as a criminal prosecutor, then spent time in real estate development, before joining Mateer Harbert, P.A. in 2007, which became part of Dinsmore in 2023.
Matt has experience in preparing both large and small construction contracts, including those for medical/AHCA reviewed facilities. In dispute resolution and litigation, he has represented clients in various matters from the initial demands, complaint, discovery, depositions, motions practice, and all processes through final judgment and collections. His varied experience and background underlie his focus on helping clients find a balanced and economical result in their matters. He received his JD from Stetson University College of Law.
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1998)
- Teaching Fellow – Research and Writing
- Judicial Internship – Florida 6th Circuit
- University of Central Florida (B.A., 1995)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Orange County Bar Association
- Kiwanis Club of Central Orlando, Current President