Melissa focuses her practice on health care law, corporate law, regulatory and compliance issues and food and drug law. She received her J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and her M.P.H. from the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health in Health Policy and Management.
Prior to studying law she was a clinical research coordinator in women’s health and HIV/AIDS prevention. She managed clinical research protocols, conducted quality control and monitoring of domestic and international projects. She has been certified in clinical research (CCRP) and public health (CPH).
Before joining the firm, Melissa interned with the Honorable Judge Michael Wojcik of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court, worked at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law Health Law Clinic, served as a teaching assistant in the Health Care Compliance graduate certificate and legal writing programs, and worked for a nonprofit environmental law firm.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 2018)
- Health Law Certificate Program
- Journal of Law and Commerce, lead articles editor
- CALI Awards for Excellence in Legal Analysis and Writing and Conflict of Laws
- ABA-BNA Health Law Award
- Taintor Memorial Award
- Truxall Foundation Scholarship
- University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health (M.P.H., 2012)
- Health Policy and Management
- Duke University (B.S., 2006)
- Chemistry and Psychology
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Christopher’s Kitchen, board member
- National Board of Public Health Examiners, certification exam item writer
- Ross Township Building Appeals Board, member
- Duke Alumni Association