Michael knows anything can happen on a construction site, including trespassing, fires, dismemberment, and death, and for almost two decades, he’s helped construction clients prepare for and respond to the unexpected.
The managing partner of Dinsmore's Denver office, Michael began his career in construction litigation representing framers, roofers, plumbers, and other subcontractors before growing his practice to include design professionals. Today, Michael primarily represents general contractors and developers, who are typically at the heart of any construction-related lawsuit. His previous experience working with subcontractors and design professionals taught him the most and least effective defense strategies used within the industry, and this perspective enables him to find cost-effective and satisfactory resolutions for his clients.
He understands no two construction cases are the same, and his experience includes handling product liability, asbestos, professional liability, personal injury, and wrongful death cases throughout the country. Michael also counsels clients on the front end of construction projects, advising on contract drafting and identifying and preventing potential problems that could lead to litigation down the road.
- University of Iowa College of Law (J.D., 2003)
- University of Iowa (B.A., 2000)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Colorado Bar Foundation- Fellow
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance -- premium member
- Defense Research Institute
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Colorado Youth for a Change, Board of Directors
- Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America (CLSA)
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent in Martindale-Hubbell®
- Colorado Super Lawyers®
- Construction (2020 - present)
- Best Lawyers®
- Construction Law (2023)