Mike focuses his practice in the areas of real estate finance and real estate development. He represents owners and lenders in multi-family, health care, commercial, industrial, and retail transactions. A significant portion of Mike’s practice involves debt financing for affordable housing projects that are also financed with low-income housing tax credits, tax exempt bonds, and various other funding sources, including HOME funds, AHP funds, and various state subsidy and loan programs.
He has substantial experience with all FHA-insured and Rural Housing Service guaranteed multifamily programs. Mike also represents lenders in connection with short-term bridge loans for multi-family housing and health care facilities that lenders and borrowers intend to be refinanced with long-term permanent loans, including loans insured by HUD and loans sold to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, to ensure projects comply with programmatic requirements of the applicable permanent financing sources.
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D.)
- Indiana University (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- Midwest Lenders Association
- Eastern Lenders Association
- Indiana Affordable Housing Council
- Affordable Housing Association of Indiana
- Indiana Apartment Association
- Urban Land Institute
- Indiana Rising Star® (2014 - 2018)