Having served two overseas combat tours as an officer in the 101st Airborne Division, Mike’s unique skill set enables him to analyze complex legal problems and act decisively on his clients’ behalf. He uses the leadership and management skills he learned as a platoon leader in Iraq and company commander in Afghanistan to efficiently work through disputes and identify outcomes that appreciate and balance his clients’ legal and practical needs.
Serving in combat situations, Mike learned to communicate effectively and build strong relationships within his sphere of influence – skills he effectively implements in his practice and applies to his relationships with colleagues, clients and adversaries. His clients especially appreciate his insight, ability to see the bigger picture and offer practical solutions.
A significant portion of his legal experience includes litigating collective and class action litigation at both the state and nationwide level. Recently, he has represented several national employers in nation-wide Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) class actions in jurisdictions across the United States. Mike has established himself as a go-to in the emerging field of FCRA litigation. He also spends significant time representing clients in matters arising under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Mike’s background also enables him to provide a unique perspective on employment issues, specifically those related to the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. He understands the practical realities and challenges of military men and women reentering the workforce from the viewpoint of both the employee and employer.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, Mike worked in the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s office.
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., 2012)
- St. Louis University (B.S., magna cum laude, 2004)
- Business Administration
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Over-the-Rhine Kitchen, former president of the board
- Joseph House, Inc., former interim of the board
- Mt. Saint Joseph University, trustee, Governance Committee chair
- Dan Beard Council, Boy Scouts of America, Board of Directors (2014)
- United Way Board Orientation and Leadership Development (BOLD) alumni
- American Sign Museum, trustee
- Notre Dame Law Association, Region 9 representative
- Ohio Rising Stars®
- For Employment Litigation: Defense (2021)
- Forty Under 40 Class of 2019, Cincinnati Business Courier