Brooks focuses his practice on corporate matters, assisting clients in various corporate governance matters and contract negotiations to ensure clients meet all of their business goals. He knows contracts are essential in preventing problems for clients, and his experience includes reviewing and drafting corporate governance documents, supply agreements, franchise agreements, and software licensing agreements. Brooks also has significant experience advising utilities, including telecommunications, electric, water, and gas providers, on a variety of commercial and regulatory matters.
He also helps clients navigate both the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act, including handling compliance matters. His familiarity with the acts’ detailed rules enables him to help clients with their cases from start to finish, with a focus on avoiding costly litigation.
Brooks also has vast experience litigating commercial disputes, commercial motor vehicle accidents, and product liability actions, including multi-district litigation, as well as representing clients before the Kentucky Public Service Commission.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2013)
- Kentucky Law Journal, online editor
- Bellarmine University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2010)
- Economics & Political Science
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Young Professionals Association of Louisville, Emerging Leaders Program
- Kentucky Rising Star®
- Best Lawyers®, Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation (2021)