Steve is a litigator and trial lawyer. He focuses his practice on commercial litigation and tort matters. Steve has significant experience defending healthcare providers and systems in complex alleged medical negligence cases. He routinely represents businesses in commercial motor vehicle accident cases, premises-liability claims, products liability claims, and civil actions and investigations by state agencies.
In the commercial realm, Steve frequently litigates cases involving contract disputes, fraud claims, and business torts. He litigates commercial matters ranging from disputes over major ERISA pension plans, to small-business disputes, to litigation over residential and commercial developments.
Steve has substantial trial experience and routinely handles complex e-discovery matters. In addition to his trial experience, Steve has significant appellate experience before the Kentucky Court of Appeals, the Kentucky Supreme Court, and the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. He has successfully defended on appeal numerous trial court victories.
Additionally, Steve has represented health care providers before state licensure boards, banks in federal regulatory proceedings, and clients in federal criminal proceedings.
He also advises corporate clients on a variety of contract, international trade, and general litigation risk matters. With his diverse experience in business and personal injury matters, Steve serves as outside general counsel for a manufacturing company, leading a team that handles a broad array of legal needs ranging from litigation evaluation to complex intellectual property issues and contract review.
- Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009)
- University of Louisville Law Review, senior notes editor
- National Moot Court Competition, Best Brief, Southeast Regional, regional semi-finalist
- University of Notre Dame (M.A., summa cum laude, 2006)
- Iberian and Latin American Studies
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., magna cum laude, 2005)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Peace Education Program, Board of Directors, past president
- Notre Dame Club of Greater Louisville, Young Alumni, past coordinator
- Kentucky Rising Stars®
- For Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense (2021)