Suzy focuses her practice on commercial litigation. She has experience helping clients navigate commercial disputes pre-suit, in administrative proceedings, in litigation, and through any appeals that may follow. Her experience includes claims arising under the Kentucky Open Records Act, zoning and property disputes and appeals, and defending medical malpractice and professional negligence matters. She also has experience litigating a variety of federal and state constitutional claims.
In her Open Records practice, Suzy has experience and success with every aspect of Open Records disputes, from drafting or responding to a request all the way through appeals to the Attorney General and subsequent litigation. She has successfully advocated for public agencies as well as record requesters. In her zoning and property dispute practice, Suzy works with clients ranging from property owners and developers to local governmental agencies in connection with development and zoning decisions. In addressing clients’ unique and complex issues, Suzy provides thoughtful, pragmatic, and innovative strategies to serve the needs and goals of each individual client.
Suzy received her J.D. from the University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law. After law school, she served as a federal judicial law clerk for Judge Rebecca G. Jennings of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky.
- Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville (J.D., magna cum laude, 2020)
- University of Louisville Law Review, senior symposium editor
- Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition, competitor
- CALI Awards for Highest Grade: Constitutional Law and Lawyering Skills
- San Diego State University (B.A., 2016)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky