Trent focuses his practice on labor and employment law. He works with clients of various sizes throughout all aspects of pre-litigation investigation, litigation, and assisting with charges in front of several agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Trent has helped clients by handling complex issues involving Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and many other state and federal statutes and regulations.
Trent's experience includes drafting motions, briefs, discovery, demand letters, mediation statements, and settlement agreements on behalf of clients. He also handles various other matters, including attending depositions and court hearings. Outside of litigation, Trent enjoys advising and counseling employers in all aspects of employment law, including training, policies and procedures, investigations, human resource actions, and compliance during mergers or sales.
While in law school, Trent had the opportunity to extern within the legal department of a locally headquartered health care company where he focused on counseling the company regarding numerous employment matters. He has also had the opportunity to work with three judges within Kentucky, both at the state and federal level. In addition to labor and employment, Trent has experience in the areas of medical malpractice, nursing home negligence and personal injury.
- University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2020)
- Journal of Law and Education, editor in chief
- Wagner Labor and Employment Moot Court Team, member
- CALI Awards for Highest Grade: Property, Criminal procedure: Constitutional Issues
- Leon Seidman Memorial Award
- L. LeRoy Highbaugh, Sr. Law Award
- Brandeis Scholar
- Hanover College (B.A., cum laude, 2017)
- Political Science, Economics, History
- Business Scholar, vice president of relations
- Hanover College Football Team
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Fund for the Arts NeXt Ambassador Program, 2022-2023
- Taylor Creek Woods Homeowners Association, president