Bill is an experienced litigator who focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation, including high-stakes business disputes and bet-the-company matters. He also has extensive experience with construction litigation, whether dealing with construction disputes or OSHA matters, including handling investigations for on-site accidents and fatalities.
Understanding that every client has unique needs and tolerances, Bill works closely with clients to build a litigation strategy that fits their objectives, whether negotiating alternative dispute resolutions or preparing for trial. His litigation experience is wide-ranging, including serving on litigation teams as special counsel to the Ohio attorney general, as well as handling appeals before the Ohio Supreme Court. He also has secured victories for clients in an array of high-stakes litigation, including one in which he obtained a multi-million dollar verdict on behalf of a client in a complicated series of financial transactions and prevailed on appeal. He also recently secured a $2 million verdict for his client in a complex trade secrets case that also involved elements of tortious interference and civil conspiracy.
His commitment to getting results for his clients extends into the construction realm, where he has favorably settled several multi-million dollar construction disputes. He is also able to draw upon his experience and knowledge of construction law to provide counseling to companies regarding work forward plans that effectively assist in all phases of litigation, government investigations and business counseling that arise out of OSHA investigations.
Bill also counsels clients on general business issues, including franchisors and franchisees on franchise and distribution matters.
He has been a speaker at professional seminars offered by Lorman Educational Services, the Columbus Bar Association, Cincinnati Bar Association, Sterling Educational Services and HalfMoon, LLC.
- Ohio Northern University, Claude W. Pettit College of Law (J.D., 1988)
- Law Review
- Moot Court
- Constitutional Law Book Award
- Southern Connecticut State University (B.S., 1985)
- Political Science
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association,
- Admissions Committee
- Construction Law Committee
- Federal Courts Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor
- Knights of Columbus, Our Lady of Peace, Council #14282, advocate
- Columbus Landmarks Foundation
- Past secretary
- Past board member
- Past president
- Northwest Swim Club, Board of Directors
- Ohio Young Democrats
- Former counsel
- Former Executive Board member
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Forty Under Forty by Business First (1998)
- Former assistant attorney general, Court of Claims Defense Section (1988 - 1992)