Mark Schneider is Office Managing Partner of Dinsmore's Detroit, Ann Arbor and Groton offices. Known and appreciated by clients for his ease with people and communication skills, Mark is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Department where he provides large corporations, innovative companies and individual inventors with strategic insight regarding their intellectual property assets, liabilities and opportunities.
Focusing on intellectual property transactions and litigation gives him perspective on successfully navigating the application and registration process and how to enforce rights once they are granted. Weighing important factors such as financial investment, commercial viability, marketing and licensing, and the cost to protect IP assets, he counsels his clients regarding the best options and most appropriate courses of action. Mark is recognized by clients for his quick thought-processes, strategic planning talents, technical skills, courtroom advocacy and history of favorable outcomes.
Mark earned his undergraduate degree from Oakland University, and his law degree, cum laude, from the Michigan State University College of Law. He began his career at Gifford, Krass, Sprinkle, Anderson and Citkowski P.C. as a law clerk while attending law school and eventually served as chair on the firm’s Board of Directors for two years, including during the 2015 merger with Dinsmore.
Believing in paying it forward, Mark has given back to his community as a leader of the Greater Royal Oak Chamber of Commerce, their historical society and via the Boy Scouts of America. He also serves on the board of a small forensic and clinical testing services company.
- Michigan State University College of Law (J.D., 1998)
- Oakland University (B.S., 1994)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Western District of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan, Intellectual Property Law and Litigation Section
- Greater Royal Oak Chamber of Commerce, President (2014 and 2015)
- Boy Scouts of America
- Royal Oak Historical Society
- DBusiness Top Lawyers – Intellectual Property Law, 2013
- Honorary Lifetime Member – Greater Royal Oak Chamber of Commerce