Anthony has experience working with clients to protect their brands, innovations, and ideas. While he focuses his practice primarily on patent related matters, he also counsels clients with respect to trademarks and other intellectual property related issues.
He has counseled a wide variety of clients, including Fortune 500 companies, universities, startup companies, and individual inventors. Anthony’s technical experience includes robotics, optics, speech recognition, image processing, control systems, embedded systems, wireless communication technologies, automotive systems, power semiconductors, nano-technology, material processing, additive manufacturing, and aircraft engine designs. An experienced software programmer, he is knowledgeable in several programming languages. He works closely with clients to tailor his strategy to their unique needs, whether counseling them through the patent and trademark prosecution process, conducting intellectual property due diligence in advance of a transaction, preparing licensing agreements, assisting in the process of bringing products to market, and developing design-around strategies. In addition, he conducts patentability, validity, infringement, and clearance studies. He also has worked with clients to enforce their intellectual property rights, including advising them in pre-litigation matters and rendering patentability, invalidity, non-infringement, and clearance opinions. Anthony also works closely with counterparts in foreign countries to assist clients in developing global IP strategies.
Anthony previously served both as in-house counsel for a Fortune 500 building materials corporation and as a secondee for a Fortune 100 aerospace industry corporation, enabling him to examine intellectual property issues from both a legal and business perspective to protect his clients’ interests.
He currently serves on the Board of the Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association and is an active member in the Pittsburgh venture capital community.
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.S.)
- University of Maryland (B.A.)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association, Board of Directors
- Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association, Board of Managers and Chair of Inventor of the Year Committee
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Pennsylvania Rising Stars® (2021)