Bethany provides clients with insight and guidance through the many facets of the patent law, both domestic and foreign. She collaborates with clients to facilitate idea generation and provides tailored strategies for innovation protection. Her other services include patentability opinions, freedom to operate studies, landscape studies, and review of licensing portfolios. Additionally, Bethany serves clients by providing support for intellectual property due diligence for mergers and acquisitions.
Her practice encompasses a wide range of technologies including automotive, medical devices, artificial intelligence, manufacturing, and consumer appliances/devices. Bethany manages patent portfolios for clients which range from single inventors to Fortune 500 companies.
Having previously served in house as an intern in the Intellectual Property division at the Rolls Royce Corporation, Bethany has a unique perspective of intellectual property issues from both a legal and business perspective, enabling her to provide well-rounded insight to clients.
- Michigan State University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2015)
- International Law Review
- Dean's List
- The Ohio State University (B.S., 2012)
- Mechanical Engineering
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Lung Association, local board member
- Society of Women Engineer -- South Ohio Section, vice president
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Women in IP Law Committee
- CincyIP, programming committee