Douglas focuses his practice on drafting and prosecuting patent applications in a wide range of technical disciplines in addition to counseling as to trademarks and copyrights.
He received his J.D. from the former Detroit College of Law, which is now part of the Michigan State University College of Law and received his B.S.M.E. from Lawrence Technological University. He is a member of the Michigan Bar and is registered to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
His initial professional work experience includes electrical and mechanical drafting and design for Premier Engineering Co. in Madison Heights, Michigan. Following graduation from Lawrence Tech., Douglas worked as an Industrial Marketing Consultant for Michigan Consolidated Gas Company, where his duties included overseeing design of gas lines and associated metering and regulating equipment.
- Michigan State University College of Law (J.D., 1990)
- Lawrence Technological University (B.S., 1986)
- Mechanical Engineering
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- State Bar of Michigan, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Incorporated Society of Irish American Lawyers
- Best Lawyers®
- Patent Law (2022)