Geof facilitates and protects innovation from the origination of the idea, registration/protection of the innovation, licensing of the innovation, and enforcement of the innovation. This can include patentability opinions, freedom to operate studies, licensing agreements, development agreements, patent applications, trade secret protections, copyright and trademark registrations, distribution agreements, channel-partnering agreements and the like. In addition, Geof provides advice and counseling on exporting the innovation and related technology outside of the United States to maintain compliance with various export regulations such as EAR and ITAR.
He provides advice and creative solutions to help clients accomplish their business goals while minimizing the risk of privacy and data security related issues. This can include privacy audits, business planning/advice to incorporate privacy by design, strategic planning for day-to-day and situational responses and creation/review of appropriate policies and agreements.
Geof's practice focuses on IT licensing, patent protection, litigation, trade secrets, copyrights, trademark, software protection, e-commerce, privacy law, licensing, open-source, export compliance (EAR & ITAR). He serves as the vice chair of the Systems Committee and is past chair and member of the firm's Professional Development Committee, as well as a member of the Workplace Harassment Committee.
- Rutgers University School of Law, Camden (J.D., 1998)
- Albert P. Blaustein Memorial Award for the highest standard of legal scholarship published in the Rutgers Law Journal
- University of Detroit (B.S., cum laude, 1992)
- Chemical Engineering
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Cincinnati Intellectual Property Law Association (Cincy IP), CIO
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, IP Licensing Committee
- Licensing Executives Society
- United Way of Greater Cincinnati
- The Tocqueville Society
- Tocqueville Advisory Council
- United Way Health Impact Council
- New Century Community Service Award from United Way of Greater Cincinnati (2010)
- Ohio Rising Star®
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in Emerging Leaders