Geof facilitates and protects innovation from the origination of the idea, registration/protection of the innovation, licensing of the innovation, and enforcement of the innovation. This can include patentability opinions, freedom to operate studies, licensing agreements, development agreements, patent applications, trade secret protections, copyright and trademark registrations, distribution agreements, channel-partnering agreements and the like. In addition, Geof has represented major companies for intellectual property due diligence as part of merger and acquisition activities. These include patent scope analysis, freedom to operate studies, reviews of licensing agreements, and onsite due diligence reviews.
Geof's practice focuses on IT licensing, patent protection, litigation, trade secrets, copyrights, trademark, software protection, e-commerce, licensing, open-source, export compliance (EAR & ITAR). He serves as chair of the Systems Committee and is past chair and member of the firm's Professional Development Committee.
- Rutgers University School of Law, Camden (J.D., 1998)
- Albert P. Blaustein Memorial Award for the highest standard of legal scholarship published in the Rutgers Law Journal
- University of Detroit (B.S., cum laude, 1992)
- Chemical Engineering
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Cincinnati Intellectual Property Law Association (Cincy IP)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, IP Licensing Committee
- Licensing Executives Society
- New Century Community Service Award from United Way of Greater Cincinnati (2010)
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in Emerging Leaders