Grace is an experienced commercial litigator who focuses her practice primarily in the areas of commercial litigation, construction, surety bond, and fidelity matters. Her practical approach to resolving issues and problems ensures her clients’ needs are met in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Having assisted clients through both litigation and transactional matters, she is able to tailor her approach to protect her clients and help them reach their intended resolution.
From drafting and negotiating contracts to defending and prosecuting construction-related disputes, Grace is uniquely qualified to timely and efficiently assist owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, and specialty consultants on construction matters. She regularly counsels and advises clients in transactional matters including the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts through project completion and dispute resolution, if necessary.
Grace also represents sureties in matters dealing with all types of surety bonds, including payment and performance bonds, appeal bonds, probate bonds, subdivision bonds, motor carrier bonds, wage and welfare, and other fringe benefit bonds. She assists in claims investigations and provides counseling and opinions on fidelity matters involving commercial crime policies and other financial institution bond coverages.
She is a frequent author and speaker on construction, surety, and fidelity matters. She has presented programs for the American Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, National Bond Claims Association, Chicago Surety Claims Association, Eastern Bond Claims Association, as well as for claims adjusters seeking CE certification.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D.)
- University of Illinois (B.A.)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Fidelity and Surety Law Committee, vice chair
- American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Forum on Construction Law
- Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys
- National Bond Claims Association
- Chicago Surety Claims Association, officer