Julia has experience in all aspects of litigation. She focuses her insurance law practice on extra-contractual (bad faith) matters, property claims, liability insurance coverage matters, motor vehicle liability claims, and insurance agent errors and omissions claims. She also has experience providing employment advice.
In the community, Julia mediates civil cases for the Dispute Resolution Center. She is a pro bono lawyer for the Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund Name Change project. She also volunteers as a mentor at her alma mater, the University of Michigan Law School, and helps coach a local high school mock trial team.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, she clerked for a Denver District Court judge and worked as a trial attorney at a Colorado firm. She completed Michigan’s State Court Administrative Office approved mediator training in 2012. She was a U.S. Fulbright Fellow in Haifa, Israel in 2010-2011.
Julia leads the Dinsmore Women’s Initiative in the Michigan offices.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 2014)
- Michigan Journal of International Law, editor-in-chief
- Dow Sustainability Fellows
- Colby College (B.A., summa cum laude, 2008)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- State Bar of Michigan
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- Colorado Bar Association