Rusty primarily practices environmental law and government relations. He has extensive experience with respect to compliance with state and federal environmental and natural resource laws and regulations. He provides advice on applicable environmental requirements, spearheads issuance of environmental permits, defends enforcement actions, and assists in transactions.
Based out of the Kentucky capital city, he focuses his government relations practice on the needs of manufacturing, industrial, municipal, natural resource, insurance and trade association clients.
Rusty also serves as the executive director of the Kentucky Chemical Industry Council within the Kentucky Association of Manufacturers.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., 1991)
- University of Kentucky (B.G.S., 1988)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Kentucky Bar Assocation
- Kentucky Association of Manufacturers, Chemical Industry Council, executive director
- Kentucky General Assembly, Federal Environmental Regulation Impact Assessment Task Force
- Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet, Oil and Gas Workgroup
- Kentucky Water Resources, board member
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers®
- "Lawyer of the Year" in Lexington for Environmental Law (2016, 2017, 2020)
- "Lawyer of the Year" in Lexington for Natural Resources Law (2019)
- Environmental, Government Relations and Natural Resources Law
- Kentucky Super Lawyers®