Matt is admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and has extensive experience in the preparation and prosecution of patents in the U.S. and abroad. He manages international patent portfolios and his practice encompasses a variety of technical areas such as chemical/chemical engineering, materials, polymers, petroleum refining, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, mechanical engineering, software, and business methods.
Additionally, Matt is experienced in rendering patent opinions, including freedom to operate, validity, state-of-the-art, patent landscape, patentability, and due diligence opinions. He is adept at negotiating, drafting and analyzing IP licensing agreements, and has counseled a broad range of clients, from Fortune 500 companies to small startups, regarding the protection of intellectual property and innovation.
His patent and intellectual property knowledge has led to speaking engagements over the last year related to supreme court and federal circuit intellectual property and patent law decisions.
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., 2004)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.S.E., 1999)
- Chemical Engineering
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Dayton Intellectual Property Law Association, vice president
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), International Patent Law & Practice Committee
- Ohio Rising Stars®
- Best Lawyers® for Patent Law