Mike focuses his practice on intellectual property litigation, and has appeared in federal and state courts across the country on behalf of companies of all shapes and sizes. He has represented clients in a variety of patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret matters of varying complexity, in each case pursuing the best practical outcome with a consistent eye on reaching efficient, business-practical resolutions.
He has considerable experience throughout the case flow, including pre-litigation review and advice; temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunction proceedings; managing all aspects of discovery; developing legal and factual positions with extensive legal research and fact review; composing motions, briefs, and other pleadings; deposing witnesses; and the trial and appellate processes. Mike’s experience also spans beyond intellectual property disputes, including a broad spectrum of commercial litigation, including class action, restrictive covenant, corporate sale and purchase agreement, bankruptcy, and commercial property disputes. Through each experience, he has developed a thorough understanding of how to effectively pursue each client’s unique goals.
Prior to joining Dinsmore as a summer associate in 2016, Mike interned at Colorado Legal Services in Denver, where he assisted low-income individuals with personal bankruptcy, debt collection, and other consumer issues.
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy, executive notes editor
- Notre Dame Baseball Arbitration Tournament and National Competition Team, co-founder
- University of Dayton (B.S., magna cum laude, 2013)
- Honors with distinction
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Best Lawyers©
- "Ones to Watch" in Denver for Commercial Litigation (2024)