Mike has more than 20 years of experience in all aspects of defending toxic tort cases in various jurisdictions throughout the country. He currently represents several manufacturers, contractors and engineers in asbestos litigation in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio and Maine and has served as national coordinating counsel in defense of toxic tort claims brought against construction and engineering firms.
In addition to his toxic tort work, Mike has broad experience in the areas of commercial litigation and general business matters. He advises clients on matters pertaining to commercial construction, real estate, complex commercial issues, shareholder issues and other general business issues. He has counseled several real estate development and management companies and is former economic development counsel to a county redevelopment authority in connection with a variety of commercial and real estate matters.
Prior to joining the firm, he was a partner with Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti, LLP., where he served as chair of the Litigation Defense/Toxic Tort practice group.
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 1989)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A., 1981)
- Political Science
- West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers®
- "Lawyer of the Year" in Pittsburgh for Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants (2022)
- Mass Tort Litigation and Class Actions - Defendants (2022-2024)