Michael’s public finance practice consists of traditional governmental, economic development, non-profit healthcare, and non-profit higher education financings, as well as assisting organizations with federal and state securities law compliance. In addition, Michael’s practice includes assisting commercial lenders and for-profit borrowers with traditional lending activities. He has worked as bond counsel, bank counsel, underwriter counsel, disclosure counsel, and corporate counsel on various tax-exempt and traditional taxable financings, as well as special counsel to governmental entities and developers in connection with economic development projects.
He began his career with a specific focus on economic development issues and related incentive programs. With his accumulated experience, Michael is frequently asked to assist governmental entities and developers throughout Ohio on matters such as Community Reinvestment Area (CRA) tax exemption programs, Tax Increment Financing (TIF) programs, and other property tax-based incentive programs.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 2014)
- Moot Court Honor Board
- Anderson University (B.A., 2011)
- Dean’s list
- Cincinnati Opera, Center Stage Board associate
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Best Lawyers®, Ones to Watch, Public Finance Law (2021)