Nivita's practice is focused on domestic and international trademark prosecution, enforcement and infringement, unfair competition, copyright, and e-commerce matters for multinational companies as well as small businesses. She advises on a wide range of trademark matters in the U.S. and international markets, and collaborates with foreign law firms regarding worldwide trademark protection.
Her practice includes trademark clearance searches, opinions on availability of trademarks, advising on proper usage of marks and assessment of marketing materials, registration, maintenance and renewals of trademarks, pre-litigation enforcement including cease and desist letters and settlement agreements, domain and website-related investigations including Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) matters, and corporate transactions involving intellectual property due diligence.
- John Marshall Law School (J.D., 2019)
- The Ohio State University (B.S., 1996)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- South Asian Bar Association – Michigan Chapter, Board Member (2010-Present) and Immediate Past President
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Trademark Association