Sara focuses her practice on corporate litigation and debt restructuring, as well as trust and estate litigation. A dedicated bankruptcy background enables her to navigate a variety of complex financial, debtor, creditor, and corporate matters. She has experience proactively planning and litigating for the financial institution and the borrower parties in a multitude of different scenarios inside and outside of the courtroom. Sara’s experience includes restructuring Kentucky businesses, preserving and litigating multi-million dollar creditor claims, preserving judgment liens, preserving creditor claims in probate, negotiating contracts, negotiating settlement agreements, and loan workouts.
In the area of trust and estates, she works with businesses and families through comprehensive estate planning, business succession planning, and legislative advocacy. Her clients range from local health care organizations to individual consumers.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Auburn University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2011)
- Political Science & Psychology
- Kentucky Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Kentucky Bar Association, Elder Law Section Legislative Committee, chair
- Legislative and Policy Review Committee for the Working Interdisciplinary Networks of Guardianship Stakeholders, chair
- Legal Aide of the Bluegrass, volunteer
- Accredited with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- The Willows, Advisory Board member
- Kentucky Guardianship Association, board member
- Kentucky Rising Stars®
- For Bankruptcy: Business (2019-2022)