Andrew focuses his practice on commercial finance and real estate law. As part of his daily practice, he represents lenders and borrowers to efficiently close commercial real estate loan transactions and real estate deals around the country. He ensures that his clients are protected while proactively working to get deals done.
He is adept at drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of finance, real estate, and corporate documents. He has closed transactions involving health care facilities, apartment complexes, office buildings, industrial facilities, shopping centers, hotels, and other types of commercial property.
Andrew handles all aspects of the loan process for lender clients from reviewing terms of the loan commitment or term sheet and preparing documents to reviewing due diligence items and handling the closing. His experience includes assisting both borrowers and lenders in complex loan transactions involving New Markets Tax Credits, Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, and Historic Tax Credits, as well as bond-financed loans. He also has experience working on affordable housing deals.
In his real estate practice, Andrew has represented both buyers and sellers of property at every stage of the acquisition process, including purchase and sale agreement negotiation, resolution of title and property issues, preparation of deeds, and coordinating the closing.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, he worked as a newspaper reporter. His coverage of education and government news for The Indianapolis Star and The Journal Gazette (Fort Wayne, Indiana) earned him more than a dozen local and national awards, including being named the third best education reporter in the country by the Education Writers Association in 2009. His extensive reporting on policy and government finance gives him invaluable insight into the business and reputational impacts of transactions.
He is co-chair of In Law & Equity, the firm's LGBTQ affinity group.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2013)
- Ohio State Law Journal, managing editor
- Indiana University (B.A., 2001)
- Human Rights Campaign
- Board of Governors (2021-present)
- Columbus, Ohio Steering Committee (2019-present)
- Columbus, Ohio Gala Committee Chair (2018-2020)
- Indiana University Alumni Club of Columbus
- Vice President (2019 - 2020)
- Board Member (2016 - 2020)
- Indiana University Alumni Club of Greater Cincinnati
- Board Member (2013 - 2015)
- Indiana University Alumni Student Recruiter
- Ohio State Bar Association, member
- Columbus Bar Association, member
- National LGBTQ+ Bar Association, member
- Moritz College of Law alumni, volunteer
- Equitas Health legal clinic, volunteer
- Best LGBT Lawyers Under 40, LGBT Bar Association (2018)
- Best Lawyers®
- "Ones to Watch" in Columbus for Real Estate Law (2022, 2024)