Jim engineers outcomes for business owners to ensure they achieve their objectives. As a corporate lawyer, he has more than 25 years of experience working with business owners in connection with growth initiatives, financing, generational transfers, third party sales and general business matters. He is a frequent speaker at events throughout the United States with respect to growth and exit planning, mergers and acquisitions and family business.
He provides clients with his focus, attention and passion. Jim offers his perspective, experience and judgment to help clients make the best decisions with respect to their most important issues.
He provides services to business owners in the following areas: growth & exit planning; mergers and acquisitions; general corporate; family business, and emerging business and technology. For more information related to these areas, please click on the Experience tab.
Jim and his wife of 25 years, Erin, reside in Murrysville with their two children Alexa and Aidan. In his free time, he is involved with many forms of group exercise including basketball, yoga, Crossfit, tennis, martial arts, volleyball, running, etc. He has completed a marathon and many half marathons. Jim coaches numerous sports teams with his children – Franklin Regional basketball, hockey, and soccer.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 1991)
- Assistant to Dean W. Edward Sell
- University of Pittsburgh Law Alumni Scholarship
- Judge David H. Weiss Memorial Scholarship
- Law Fellows Scholarship
- Alumni class representative
- University of Pittsburgh (magna cum laude, 1988)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence, sponsor, speaker and contributor
- Innovation Institute, sponsor, speaker and contributor
- Pantherlab Works, sponsor, speaker and contributor
- Urban & Community Entrepreneurship Program, sponsor, speaker and contributor
- Business Enterprises, Inc., national speaker/contributor
- Animal Friends, Finance Committee
- The Alternative Board – Pittsburgh, board member
- Murrysville SportZone, LLC, Board of Directors
- Pittsburgh Ice Arena, L.P., Board of Directors
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Committee
- Small Business Committee
- Negotiated Acquisitions Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Leadership Pittsburgh XXI
- CExP, certified exit planner