When clients meet Jeff for the first time, they come away knowing they have creative, responsive, experienced and personable representation.
For more than 25 years, Jeff has become a go-to for clients looking for representation in commercial litigation, construction law and entertainment matters. He focuses on representing financial institution clients in litigation and regulatory matters but also handles construction litigation, as well as heading up the firm’s entertainment law practice.
Financial industry clients prefer his counsel because he has experience as both in-house and outside counsel. He understands how litigation impacts them internally and how to manage them externally. Jeff has served as a seconded attorney for Fifth Third Bank with national responsibility for retail litigation, consumer litigation, mortgage litigation, corporate facilities litigation, and the Legal Operations group (subpoenas, garnishments, court-controlled accounts and guardianships). Additionally, he represents multiple banks and financial institutions in FCRA and TCPA litigation; state and national consumer class actions, UCC Article 3 and 4 claims; check fraud; safe deposit box litigation; lender liability claims; Fair Lending claims; state and federal customer discrimination claims; TILA claims; RESPA claims; wrongful repossession claims; and FINRA arbitration matters.
Jeff has more than two decades of experience representing commercial and residential construction companies, owners, contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers and surety companies. His experience includes representing owners, general contractors and subcontractors with respect to commercial and residential disputes across the country with experience trying and arbitrating construction claims in Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Kentucky, Indiana, California and Colorado. He is also national counsel for mechanic lien matters for one of the largest construction material suppliers in the world.
In addition, Jeff represents Fortune 100, 500 and 1000 companies on non-compete and non-solicitation disputes and has handled these types of matters in 17 states in federal and state courts.
His entertainment industry clients appreciate his fresh approach with a focus on branded content. Jeff has experience in all aspects of entertainment law, with a focus on television, music and interactive media. He has served as lead studio and production counsel for Procter & Gamble Productions, Inc., and TeleNext Media, Inc. He has worked with Sobini Films, dePasse- -Jones and Lions Gate on several feature films and he has worked extensively with NBC Universal Television Group, Fox Broadcasting Company and Muse Entertainment in developing and negotiating film and television productions. He also represents the leading internet television site (by subscriber revenue) and helped develop the legal and revenue models for the site. Jeff represents several music publishers and record labels and has been instrumental in developing new music licensing and use agreements for use with digital and internet companies.
Aside from his legal practice, he has been issued five patents, is the author of A Board Game Education published in 2009 by Rowan & Littlefield, and is in pre-production for a new monthly radio program through Public Radio International. He is also the varsity assistant men’s soccer coach at a local high school, a position he has held since 2005.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1992)
- Grove City College (B.A., summa cum laude, 1989)
- Accounting and History
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Mariemont High School, assistant varsity men's soccer coach
- University of Cincinnati, Career Roundtable
- Grove City College Men's Soccer Program, career adviser
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, Settlement Week, volunteer mediator
- Grove City College Alumni Board, trustee
- Cincinnati Museum Center – Board of Trustees
- Cincinnati Arts and Technology Studios - Board of Trustees
- Mariemont School Foundation - Board of Trustees
- Creative Aging Cincinnati – Board of Trustees
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers©
- "Lawyer of the Year" in Cincinnati for Litigation-Construction (2012)
- “Lawyer of the Year in Cincinnati for Litigation - Banking and Finance (2018)
- Commercial, Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy, Construction, Transportation Law and Product Liability Litigation
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Chambers USA®: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Litigation: General Commercial