Jessica focuses her practice on intellectual property issues, including the protection and enforcement of trademarks and copyright rights for clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to individual entrepreneurs. She manages domestic and foreign trademark portfolios for clients including counseling on trademark selection, clearance, and global strategy; filing and prosecuting new applications; maintaining existing registrations; handling matters before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board; and managing foreign conflict matters.
She has experience in different facets of branding and entertainment law, including preparing sweepstakes and contest rules for some of the world’s leading television and communications networks; draftingaffidavits of eligibility and publicity releases; and reviewing related advertising and promotional materials. She regularly counsels clients on online and social media marketing and advertising and drafts and reviews endorsement, sponsorship, and influencer agreements.
Jessica’s practice also involves drafting and negotiating a wide variety of agreements related to intellectual property and technology, including intercompany intellectual property license agreements; trademark licenses; intellectual property acquisition agreements; software licenses; and non-disclosure agreements.
- University of Akron School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law
- Akron Law Trademark Clinic
- Akron Law Review Intellectual Property Edition, assistant editor
- Moot Court Honor Society
- Akron Law Intellectual Property and Technology Law Association, president
- Malone University (B.A., 2016)
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Thea Bowman Center, Governance Committee Member