Luca is a registered patent attorney with experience in litigation. Clients often call upon him to prepare patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret cease and desist letters and to handle all phases of IP litigation. Luca has also expanded his practice into the emerging digital IP world, working with clients to successfully recover misappropriated domain names, social media accounts, and other digital assets. Luca also works with clients to assert and defend UDRP proceedings and various e-commerce infringement matters on Amazon, eBay, and other online retail platforms. He also works with clients to protect software related inventions and to prepare end user license agreements, software as a service agreements, and other related materials.
After earning honors degrees in electrical engineering from institutions in both the U.S. and Germany, Luca graduated valedictorian from his law school and began his career in intellectual property law. He has experience in a wide variety of intellectual property law matters, ranging from prosecuting patent and trademark applications and conducting patent and trademark clearance searches to negotiating licensing agreements and managing global trademark portfolios for multinational companies.
Luca also has extensive copyright experience, including assisting in clearance searches, preparing and filing copyright applications, drafting work-for-hire and assignment documents, and overseeing copyright compliance and production agreements for film and television projects.
Luca is board certified in intellectual property law by the Florida Bar and is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Circuit Court Mediator. He is also an active lecturer in the field of intellectual property law, having presented through the Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section of the Florida Bar, the Solo & Small Firm Section of the Florida Bar, the National Coffee Association, Florida Gulf Coast University, various local bar associations, and other organizations.
- Ave Maria School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2014)
- Lübeck University of Applied Sciences (Dipl.-Ing., 2011)
- Electrical Engineering
- Milwaukee School of Engineering (B.S., 2011)
- Electrical Engineering
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Tax Court
- Seminole Tribe of Florida Tribal Court
- Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Southwest Florida Federal Court Bar Association
- Catholic Bar Association
- Florida Rising Stars® (2021-2022)
- Naples Illustrated® Magazine Top Lawyers (2021)
- Gulfshore Business Magazine 40 Under 40 (2020)