As a lawyer, certified public accountant and certified valuation analyst, Eddie is able to handle a wide variety of matters for his clients, such as estate planning and administration, tax return preparation and planning, and business valuations. He has helped numerous individuals develop estate plans that both minimize taxes and provide a legacy for their families and favorite charities. He has represented several individuals and businesses in various income, gift and estate tax matters before the Internal Revenue Service as well as income, sales and use, and other tax matters before the West Virginia state tax department.
Eddie also has extensive experience assisting businesses with a wide range of matters such as formation and governance of corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, succession planning, buy-sell agreements, and asset acquisitions and dispositions.
Due to his wide range of experience and ability to handle many different needs for both individuals and businesses, he also provides family office services, often serving as the family's "one stop shop."
Eddie's main goal has always been client satisfaction and prides himself for getting matters resolved timely in a cost efficient manner.
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., 1999)
- Marshall University (B.B.A., 1993)
- West Virginia
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- West Virginia State Bar
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Energy and Mineral Law Foundation
- Best Lawyers
- Tax Law and Commercial Litigation (2021-2022)
- West Virginia Rising Star®, Business and Corporate Law
- Generation Next: 40 Under 40 by the The State Journal (2007)