Sam provides clients with substantial experience in civil litigation in both state and federal court, as well as in several arbitration forums. He has represented companies large and small, as well as individuals, in business tort and business contract litigation, financial institution litigation, construction litigation, healthcare litigation, ERISA litigation, securities litigation, false claims act/qui tam litigation, insurance disputes, and motor vehicle accidents.
Through his extensive in-court experience, Sam has successfully tried cases in courts at all levels, including appellate courts throughout the nation, and argued dispositive and non-dispositive motions. Pulling on his experience as a former federal law clerk, he has written countless jurisdictional briefs before the Supreme Court of Ohio, motions, and appellate briefs – totaling in the hundreds.
Sam also has experience in white collar defense and corporate investigations. Notably, Sam co-leads Dinsmore’s Court Order Processing team, which works hand-in-hand with financial institutions on a daily basis to navigate any issues they encounter in processing subpoenas and garnishments.
Sam is most proud of his role on the Board of Directors for the Ohio Domestic Violence Network. He previously established a pro bono partnership between Dinsmore and ODVN to provide legal representation for survivors of domestic violence. As part of his pro bono practice, he has represented clients in state and federal court and successfully tried one such matter in state court.
- Northern Kentucky University, Chase College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2014)
- Northern Kentucky Law Review, editor-in-chief
- Miami University (B.A., cum laude, 2007)
- Political Science
- Oxford Scholar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Best Lawyers®
- "Ones to Watch" in Cincinnati for Commercial Litigation; Criminal Defense: General Practice (2021-2024)
- Ohio Rising Stars®
- For General Litigation (2020-2021)