Stacey is an accomplished attorney whose practice focuses on representing health care providers on transactional, governance, regulatory, M&A, and compliance matters. Prior to becoming an attorney, she acquired unique skills with more than a decade of front-line experience as a medical researcher/scientist using her degrees in biochemistry and pathology.
Her background gives her a rare perspective as she represents health care providers and suppliers in all aspects of corporate transactions and regulatory compliance. Health care clients look to her for advice on corporate governance, shareholder transactions, joint ventures (including hospital-physician joint ventures), mergers and acquisitions, asset acquisitions, co-management arrangements, and employment-related transactions. Stacey also brings a wealth of experience in regulatory compliance and counsels clients on HIPAA, Stark, Anti-kickback Statute, False Claims Act, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, and overpayment matters. She has particular interest in counseling hospitals and other providers through internal compliance investigations, government audits/investigations, voluntary disclosures, and settlement negotiations with state and federal government agencies.
Stacey represents health care clients, including hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physician group practices, home health agencies, and long-term care facilities. She serves as outside general counsel to a prosthetics manufacturer/supplier.
In addition to her practice, Stacey is the office managing partner of the firm’s Columbus office, the chair of Dinsmore’s Women’s Initiative Committee, and a member of the American Health Law Association.
- Capital University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2003)
- University of San Diego School of Law (Comparative Law Program, 2001)
- Paris, France
- Medical College of Ohio (M.S., 1996)
- The Ohio State University (B.S., 1992)
- Honors Program
- Distinguished Scholar
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association
- American Health Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Society of Ohio Healthcare Attorneys
- BalletMet Board of Trustees
- Ohio Rising Stars®
- 20 People to Know in the Law by Columbus Business First