Derrick focuses his practice on business law, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and securities matters. Prior to joining Dinsmore, Derrick worked at a Fortune 100 company where he gained extensive knowledge on data privacy and cybersecurity matters. He received his J.D. from Indiana University Maurer School of Law. While in law school, he was the managing editor of Indiana Law Journal.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2021)
- Indiana Law Journal, managing editor
- CALI Award for Excellence in Commercial Arbitration
- The Elmore Entrepreneurship Law Clinic
- China University of Political Science and Law (Bachelor of Laws, 2017)
- China's Legal Professional Qualification