Our attorneys handle all forms of transactions, including stock & asset purchases, as well as mergers/consolidations. With a long history of completing complex transactions, we take a holistic approach to better understand our clients’ business and work with them from the preplanning stage to post-closing matters.
Choosing our team to lead transactions places your business in the hands of attorneys who reach goals efficiently. Although we possess the resources, depth and presence of a national firm, we remain grounded in our Midwestern roots, encompassing everything from our desire to build strong client relationships to our pricing structure. Our step-by-step process of completing clients’ M&A transactions includes the following services:
Pre-transaction Planning and Counsel
- Working with clients to provide pre-transaction strategic planning and advice.
All Aspects of Due Diligence
- Analyzing due diligence results to manage risk, including providing a review of both sellers and buyers and assisting sellers with developing all necessary information to satisfy contractual obligations and avoid future liability exposure.
- Designing the optimum legal structure, including the tax analysis, intended to minimize negative tax consequences and the specific securities law experience necessary to comply with state and federal securities law requirements in equity transactions. When dealing with a regulated industry, the government approvals necessary are also determined.
- Negotiating agreements defining the understandings of the parties to the transaction.
- Closing of the transaction seamlessly.
- Counseling and advising post-closing, which is one of the most difficult and detailed processes to navigate in a transaction. We advise clients following closing, including post-closing obligations involving earn-out provisions, indemnification and escrow arrangements.
- Solving problems using the depth of our firm’s resources to reach the goal of successfully closing the transaction in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
The decision to expand your business portfolio or sell some or all of your business with a merger, acquisition or sale should be handled by a trusted team of advisers armed with the knowledge and technical resources to lead the charge. Each year, our attorneys place their experience and strategic planning skills to the forefront in leading a number of complex transactions for public and private acquirers, both domestically and around the globe.